And second, we welcome everyone to join in our upcoming events where we would love to have you help/assist us. Do you enjoy cooking? Do you have a musical talent? Or maybe you just like to visit with people? Well – the Deacons could use your help and assistance with the following programs. Don’t be shy! We can always use more hands and hearts to help carry out the mission and ministry of the church. You are needed and wanted.
- Johnsonburg Camp Scholarships: Do you have a child or teenager or know of one who may be interested in attending summer camp this year at Johnsonburg? Did you know the Deacons offer scholarships for youth within our congregation to attend summer camp? Summer will be here before you know it – so please consider having your children participate in this very rewarding program. Please contact Peter Lanigan for more details if you are interested.
- Food Pantry: Maybe you are new to the church or maybe you just need a reminder – but we are always looking for non-perishable food items and personal care items to be donated to the Town of Boonton food pantry (Boonton Social Services). The next time you are out grocery shopping or browsing the isles at Walmart or Target – please grab a few extra items of food or personal care items and drop it off at the church (on the rack in the hallway of Reighart Hall).
- New Jersey State Firemen’s Home worship services: On the first Sunday of every month our Deacons and volunteers continue to provide worship services to the men of the firemen’s home. If you have a musical talent or enjoy speaking to others, please consider volunteering to help us in the rewarding experience. Please reach out to Dave Scelba or Mike Stora if you are interested.
- Meal Train: The Deacons are continuing to organize getting meals for those within our congregation who are dealing with difficult times. If you would like to be a part of the Meal Train (such as making meals for families and those in need), please reach the Sandy DiCarlo (Church Administrator) and she will put you on our Meal Train list. Contact Kim Riter at 201-602-4924 if you have some computer skills and might be interested in helping to initiate the Meal Train as needed. This requires a very small-time commitment.
- Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) of Northern NJ: This organization has offered to speak again after worship to our congregation. The Deacons are currently working on getting dates and topics. Please keep a look out for this upcoming event.
And as always – We appreciate your donations, continued support and assistance. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Proverbs 19:17 “Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.”